Friday, July 25, 2008

At Debriefing.

(Our team in front of the world at Disney Sea)

Wow. I can't believe project is almost over. We go home in two days after debriefing in Kawaguchiko at the foot of Mt. Fuji. It's crazy how fast project's gone by. Vivan, one of the Epic national staff who's helping debrief us, told us that we should prepare a one word answer to give to people when they ask us, so "How was your summer?" If you ask me in person I'll probably respond: FUN. She also said to prepare a one sentence answer. So my answer is: I had the most fun summer of my life.

I feel like I don't sound as spiritual because I haven't said all of the things that God has done this summer in Tokyo, in my team, and in my heart. But how am I supposed to explain to people the tremendous work that He's done and explain my experience in one sentence? It's pretty much impossible. So I'll stick with FUN.

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard and as much as I did this past month and a half. I love my team. God is a God of joy.

By the way, if you haven't checked out my pictures, I posted some of them on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=2525980

I'm actually on album #5, and I still have more to post.

P.S. Mt. Fuji is beautiful. I love the Japanese countryside.


P.P.S. Please pray for me as I transition back to the U.S. It's always harder for me to transition back to America. Please pray that I would stay connected with people from my team and that I would not have a critical and judgemental attitude on America and Los Angeles. Please also pray for me as I process through the summer, that God would help me take back the things I've learned and apply them in my ministry at home. Please also pray for me as I start seminary at the end of August. While I'm super excited about going to Biola and studying the Bible, I still have many fears and questions about the future and going into full-time ministry. I'm also really sad about leaving the UCLA community and Japan project community. Please pray that this would also be a smooth transition.

Thanks again so much for all your prayers!

1 comment:

sundaes said...

BIOLA?! I live about fifteen minutes away! Let me know when you're there or if you need help moving/settling in or pretty much anything! Or are you commuting? Either way!