Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Night on the Red Carpet.



Talbot Spring Banquet was so much fun last night!
I honestly wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, because of the busyness of all the preparations- but it was a really great night full of celebration. It was so much fun seeing everyone dressed up in their nice attire, all dolled up and being able to celebrate what God has done this past year at Talbot. The decor, performances, and awards made it a night to remember. I am so thankful for all who volunteered and contributed to making this night spectacular.

Again, I remember why I love our A.S. team so much. I'm astounded and thankful by the gifts each one has, and how they all contribute to making the night such a special evening.

  • Juan: the head mastermind and taskmaster: a visionary eye + understanding logistical details = amazing event planner. Harry Potter would totally be jealous of those awesome search lights.
  • Josh C. and Feiser: emcees/actors/comedians - their wit and humor with improv abilities -writing and acting out the Talbot Family Sculpture - brought much laughter and a cohesion to the whole night.
  • Josh M.: performer/visionary for the dance - a great opening act with Gail Neal of "Be Our Guest" brought a grand opening of huge momentum that started the evening which kept on going. The dance was also a beautiful picture of the freedom we have in the Holy Spirit.
  • Angela : decorating artist - her eye for aesthetics shone through with the magnificence of Sycamore Lawn. breathtaking.
  • Mel and Jamie: the flower girls - arranging all the floral centerpieces was hard work and they turned out so beautiful and elegant.
  • Toby: the T-man - building giant T's and mounting them shows the manliness and servanthood of this dude. We were also blessed by the worship set of two songs- left us wanting for more time to praise our Lord in community.
  • And I realized that even though it was stressful, I actually enjoyed doing the place cards and organizing tables and taking care of these kinds of behind-the-scene logistics. Or maybe I just enjoyed the company that I had in the office, working with A.S. peeps. Tedious admin work is so much better when you're doing it with people.

This team gives me a picture of what it looks like to be a part of God's family, each one using and operating out of their gifts, and working together to accomplish a mission. They have cared for me and encouraged me in so many ways this past year, and I am so blessed by each one of them. They remind me of how God's worked in my life in great ways this year and encourage me in the ways I've grown. Even just remembering the first large event this past year at Much Ado About Autumn, where I was so stressed out and wanted to retreat, last night was so different from that time. Last night was a night which I thoroughly enjoyed - even cleaning up afterwards and just sitting in the office with the team for a little time to reflect and relax before we headed home. I'm thankful that my team didn't leave me in that broken place where I was at the beginning of this year, and how they've held me and supported me, until now - where I feel more stability. They have been such a gift to me. I am thankful.

This night gives me another evidence that we weren't made to be lone-rangers and that we were meant to live in community.





No comments: