Thursday, March 31, 2011

In the Father's Embrace.

This has been a powerful painting for me:

painting title: In the Father's Embrace
http://councell.net
© Ruth Tietjen Councell
Updated 13 August 2009

i wrote a song a few weeks ago. these are the lyrics:

Tears fall like rain, running down my windowpane

They flow from eyes, like clouds full of sighs

They sound, they sound, like never-ending footsteps on the ground

I let go, I let go, of the dreams that I held dearly

Even though I don’t see clearly,

Because I don’t know if you will ever be mine.


But I trust the One who knows what’s best for us.

And I know He’s good and loves us both so much.

And His arms are holding us through the night

And His strength is pulling us through the fight.

So I say, I say, Goodbye.

I’m laying you down

I’m laying you down

I’m laying us down

At His feet.


No comments: