Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Women and Men in Ministry

Just finished reading Women and Men in Ministry: A Complementary Perspective by Robert L. Saucy and Judith K. TenElshof (2 Talbot profs) for my Pastoral Epistles class. I really liked it.

They provide really good Scriptural, theological, psychological, and cultural support for how there is a created order with the headship of man, yet there is also great value and need of the women's voice in the church.

I think I agree with their perspective, but now figuring out how that practically looks like for me is another story...

I want to work with college students in a ministry setting - whether that be campus ministry and/or -perhaps, eventually becoming a professor, so I'm trying to figure out where I fit in the whole scheme of things - how to utilize the ways God has gifted me for His glory in the ways He wants me to use them.


No comments: