Sunday, July 25, 2010

No, no, nothing can ever separate us.

I've been camped out in Romans 8 alot recently because I love the truth of this chapter from start to finish reminding me that I am no longer under condemnation through Christ - that I am free in Him - that the Spirit helps me in my weakness - and that nothing can separate me from God's love.

"Who then shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." No in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
~Romans 8:35-39

I have to constantly remind myself of these truths so that my introspective nature doesn't lead me to a downward spiral of despair. I am thankful that God holds me and that He reminds me of His unchanging love.

Came across this song by Hillsong called Desert Song. It's a great song and there's also an incredible story behind it.

No comments: