Monday, July 12, 2010

Grace. Confidence. Courage.

Another quote from the Of First Importance blog: Wow, I love that blog. Such gospel gems.

"Grace dismantles your confidence in you, while it gives you more hope and courage than you have ever had."

~Paul David Tripp, Twitter post

After being in a season of sitting in my brokeness, things are starting to look brighter. God is showing me His grace and how He is working in me even in the brokenness and pain. I am thankful for His love and how He shows it to me in tangible ways - through the loving support of community who are sources of grace and truth in my life, through reminders in nature, through His unchanging Truth and character, through the goodness of the Gospel - that I am fully loved and accepted by God because of Jesus' work on the cross. I feel very loved and held by God even in the hard times. I am thankful that God's love is constant and unchanging, and that He holds me through everything, even though my love for Him changes. I am saved by His grace alone, and not by anything that I have done. I am thankful so much that I am surrounded by His sea of grace and that nothing can separate me from His love.

I am very thankful for Spiritual Direction and the ways that I am encouraged in seeing God working in everything. I encourage everyone to take advantage of Spiritual Direction if you ever have the opportunity. It has been so beneficial to me and in my relationship with God.
Learn more about it here: Metamorpha.com. They have a list of Spiritual Directors that are available for Spiritual Direction.
If you are a Biola student, the Institute of Spiritual Formation offers Spiritual Direction.

It has been so helpful to me that it makes me think that I might pursue a second M.A. in Spiritual Formation....

Oh, I'm going to be in school forever...haha.

1 comment:

Brad said...

God bless you in your pursuit for joy in Jesus. Keep striving for faith and the hope found in him.

Brad