Monday, February 8, 2010

Hummingbird, So Small, I See You.

So I wrote a song about hummingbirds...hahahah....yeah...i know many of you will probably laugh because I sure did...That's o.k. I don't really take anything too seriously...But I have to admit, I was completely sincere when I wrote this song...I was singing, "His Eye is on the Sparrow" and it made me want to write a song...I think just listening to it now makes me think, "Wow, I can't believe I wrote a song about hummingbirds and threw in some biological trivia in there that I got from wikipedia...hahahah." It's the T coming out of my INTJ self...as i analyze and make fun of myself for allowing myself to feel because i used to make fun of sappy chick flicks as my friends were bawling their eyes out...
but i'm learning how to feel as i understand God's love in greater ways and am overjoyed at His love for me. so it's a good thing- learning how to feel.
quite a change from "terraces will be destroyed." haha...but yeah i guess i'm multi-faceted like that...haha. i generally dislike showing my "feeling" side and try to put up my walls of sarcasm and laughter to show that i have a tough exterior...like singing songs about judgment day...but i guess this song reveals that i do have a heart...

It's funny how I wrote this right before I was evacuated again...making me realize how God cares for me even as I am a transient on this earth. I'm learning the hard way. Praise God, I'm now back at home, but will probably keep my stuff packed for awhile since I don't know when I'll be evacuated again.

here's the video:

there are the lyrics:

Hummingbird, so small, I see you
Reminding me that God's love is true
You fly so fast, I barely see the motion of your wings
A buzzing sound, it's the music that rings.

You fly so freely
In the sky, so dearly
You show me that I am free
Because God sent down His Son for me.
Hummingbird, so small, I see you.

Hummingbird, so small, I see you.
Drinking of the nectar for food,
You drink so much, consuming more than your weight each day.
Constantly going, God provides a way.


~I should probably thank Eufemio for letting me use his ideas for this song since I pretty much stole them...give credit where credit is due...thanks :)

No comments: