Monday, October 29, 2007

The Amish, personality tests, procrastination, and hair-pulling.

So yesterday I decided that one of my lifelong goals is to live among the Amish for a period of time. My brother told me I should start an Amish exchange program, like for those Amish who want to go out into the world for a year, that I should switch places with them for a year.

Instead of studying for my Shakespeare midterm, I decided to research about the Amish community.

So this was the ADD filled conversation I had with my roommate Nancy. I guess this is what happens when we're procrastinating for midterms:

Me: I want to live with the Amish for a year.

Nancy: The Amish make me think of the guy on the Quaker oats box.

Me: The Quakers and the Amish aren't the same.

Nancy: I know, but it just makes me think of it.

Silence.

Nancy: I'm looking for the Myers-Briggs personality test online.

Me: I'm an INTJ.

Nancy: Oh, we're like opposites. I'm an ISFJ.

Silence.

Me: They don't evangelize.

Nancy: Who?

Me: The Amish.

Nancy: Oh.

Silence.

Nancy: Now I'm an INFJ. You know, someone pulled my friend's hair.

Me: What?

Nancy: Yeah, someone pulled my friends hair. Some girl who was jealous of her pulled her hair.

Me: That's weird.

Silence.

Me: They say it's hard to become Amish, but it can be done.

Nancy: Oh. You're really serious about this aren't you?

Me: Yeah, I'm looking at apartments nearby.

So I felt that conversation had no continuity. It's like little kids thinking out loud, not really talking to each other.

No comments: